Expert Witness Report

Expert Witness Report

Where a property is the subject of a dispute between two or more parties, there is often a significant sum of money involved. Obtaining an expert opinion in relation to the property can be extremely important, both in understanding your position and obtaining evidence to support your case. This is where a Chartered Surveyor comes in to act as an Expert Witness.

As an RICS Registered Valuer and Chartered Building Surveyor, Matthew Parkinson is ideally placed to act as an Expert Witness.

There are a number of circumstances in which Matthew may be called in to act as an Expert Witness. These include:

  • Matrimonial settlements
  • Building contract disputes
  • Commercial disputes
  • Other property valuation disputes

In many cases, Matthew is instructed by the solicitor representing the client to prepare a tailored Valuation Report and sometimes a Building Condition Survey. Using these reports as evidence, the client’s legal team will negotiate the claim with the other side in the hope of reaching an out of court settlement.

As an Expert Witness, a Surveyor’s advice and commentary must be impartial and independent. As such, it can be that both parties jointly choose to appoint Matthew.

Not all cases settle out of court and in these circumstances, Matthew Parkinson is also able to attend court to provide evidence in his capacity as an Expert Witness.

In many cases, the court will require Expert Witness Surveyors to be RICS Regulated. Matthew is a RICS Registered Valuer and Chartered Surveyor and has up to date knowledge on the requirements of the court including Civil Procedures Rules (CPR 35).

Contact our Chartered Building Surveyors

Matthew is based in Lancaster but has acted as an Expert Witness in relation to properties in Cumbria, Yorkshire, Greater Manchester and across the North West. With over 20 years’ of experience, Matthew has an excellent reputation in the local professional property community.

For more information or to instruct Matthew’s services, please contact us.