Specialist Valuation Reports

Valuations of Buy to Let properties

There can be many reasons why you might need a Valuation on a residential property. These may include:

  • Probate valuations – where a property has been left as part of an estate, it will be necessary for a value to be placed on this as part of the Probate process. This is to assist in the calculation of the value of the deceased’s total estate so any Inheritance Tax liability can be established.
  • Matrimonial settlements – where property/properties are owned by a divorcing couple, it will be necessary for valuation(s) to be ascertained to assist in the calculation of the financial settlement following divorce.
  • Expert witness valuations – properties can become tied up in litigation and in these cases, an independent and impartial Valuation Report might be required to help the parties either make or defend their claim.
  • Right-to-buy – a Valuation Report (that must be produced by a RICS Registered Valuer) is required to provide an accurate, up-to-date valuation to assist eligible council tenants to buy their home.
  • Shared ownership schemes – property owner/occupiers may want to buy extra shares in a property that they jointly own with a council or housing association. Known as staircasing, the process will require a Valuation Report that must have been prepared by a RICS Registered Valuer.
  • Help to Buy staircasing – home owners who have previously bought their home using the Help to Buy scheme may wish to pay off some or all of the loan. This process requires an independent Valuation Report that must be conducted by a RICS Registered Valuer.
  • Selling a home purchased with Help to Buy – all transactions concerning a home that has previously been purchased via Help to Buy require an independent Valuation Report conducted by a RICS Registered Valuer.
  • Rental assessments – it can be useful to have an independent report on the rental value of a property, or if you are a buy-to-let landlord, on your portfolio of properties.
  • Building insurance reinstatement – the cost to rebuild your property in the event of fire, flood, gas explosion etc can be calculated to help you avoid under insurance or over insurance.

Matthew Parkinson can assist you regardless of the reason behind a property Valuation, providing a professional and cost-effective service.  Matthew is a Chartered Building Surveyor and RICS Registered Valuer and is proud to serve the community in Lancaster, North Lancashire and the surrounding areas.  We can provide clients with a personal touch that larger firms fail to provide.

RICS Registered Valuers

Getting an accurate Valuation on a property can be important – particularly if you need it for a formal legal process such as probate or matrimonial settlements. Due to this, we recommend to use an RICS Registered Valuer – a title that Matthew Parkinson is proud to hold.

Contact us about a Valuation Report

For more information on our specialist Valuation Reports or to speak to Matthew and the team about the type of property report that’s most appropriate for you, please contact us.